The Real Life Adventures of Auriel Ragmon

This and that about the donkeys, fictional characters and what they think, various writings.

Monday, February 02, 2009

I Don't Need to be a Helicopter Pilot!

I did really have a chance to be a helicopter pilot once, really truly! I had just completed Basic Training in the Army, and I was interviewed and asked if I would be interested in Warrant Officer Training to become a helicopter pilot!

A few things kept me from jumping at the glorious opportunity to fly. 1) I had just finished Basic Training and was in No Mood Whatsoever to do more of it! 2) I heard that for eight weeks the training was very strict - Things like hanging your clothes hangers 1/4 inch apart. Everywhere you go is in formation - if there are three cadets, one is shouting the cadence, one is carrying a flag and the other is marching! 3) My Drill Sargeant thought it would become old and routine after awhile, more like being a glorified bus driver.

So I am stuck with wondering what if I HAD become a helicopter pilot? It might've been just the thing for me! To this day, I daydream about it, but I am happy with what I have. I woke up the other morning realizing that at this point in my life, I don't need to keep all the doors I could think about open. On the other hand, maybe I'll buy a remote controlled model helicopter!

I feel like I'm a Babar book - a book about adventures. My adventures now are learning the fiddle, riding donkeys and (ahem) writing. Helicopter piloting is waiting in the pile of Famous Author dreams (they have lessons at the airport!!!).

I can't help it, just the way I am. I get very excited about things and I want to see and try it all. I'd love to try snowboarding!! Sleighing!!! Backcountry camping!! Kayaking!!

Right now, the donkeys deserve time and attention, not to mention my employment, and I respect my fiddle teacher's time, so I practice a lot. That's enough for me(for now!).

Now you, go do something you've always wanted to try! Go! Now!

We'll have a good time before the clock stops ticking!

Auriel

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home